Speaking directly to fans and friends through his lyrics, Catfish and the Bottlemen’s Van McCann opens up about lies, loyalty and love with new single, 2all, OUT NOW on Island Records. An incisive, bass-driven three minutes of lean songwriting, the track offers another hint of what lies in wait on the arena-filling band’s third album, The Balance, released on Fri 26 April 2019.
The widescreen video accompanying the single, directed by long-time collaborator, Jim Canty, sees the band on location on rugged British coastline for a second time. Picking up the scene from the black and white, one-take aerial footage released to accompany January single, Longshot, McCann takes the wheel of a vintage, 1956 Land Rover once again to speed the band along weather-beaten South Shields beaches and cliff tops. After putting on the brakes, the four-piece jump out to let rip with a live performance in the seaside town’s landmark Amphitheatre arcades.
Blown away by fan reactions to new songs, including Fluctuate and Sidetrack, on recent, sold out UK arena dates, the band now offers up 2all for the very first time. The song hints at a move towards greater lyrical introspection, whilst maintaining the band’s effusively upbeat mood.
2all lands as Catfish approach the halfway point of an extensive, 23-date, headline US and Canada tour, with the band having racked up five rapturously received dates this past week, with shows continuing at the House of Blues, San Diego (Tue 19 Mar) and the historic Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles (Fri 22 Mar). The first leg of the tour wraps up in New York City with a SOLD OUT date at Brooklyn Steel on Wed 3 April. A recently announced June extension to the transatlantic jaunt, responding to growing demand, includes dates in Toronto, Detroit and Boston.
Looking ahead to summer festival season back home, Catfish and the Bottlemen recently confirmed headline slots at Citadel Festival, London and TRNSMT, Glasgow. The full list of confirmed Catfish and the Bottlemen UK, Ireland and European tour dates lying ahead in 2019 are:
• Sun 28 Apr 2019 Galway, Leisureland – SOLD OUT
• Tue 30 Apr 2019 Dublin, The Olympia Theatre – SOLD OUT
• Thu 2 May 2019 Brighton, Brighton Centre – SOLD OUT
• Sat 4 May 2019 Coventry, Ericsson Indoor Arena – SOLD OUT
• Sun 5 May 2019 Cardiff, Motorpoint Arena – SOLD OUT
• Tue 7 May 2019 Sheffield, FlyDSA Arena
• Wed 8 May 2019 Manchester, Manchester Arena – SOLD OUT
• Mon 13 May 2019 Madrid, La Riviera
• Tue 14 May 2019 Barcelona, Razzmatazz
• Thu 16 May 2019 Milan, Alcatraz
• Sat 18 May 2019 Berlin, Huxleys Neue Welt
• Mon 20 May 2019 Amsterdam, Melkweg – SOLD OUT
• Sun 26 May 2019 Middlesbrough, BBC Radio One’s Big Weekend
• Sat 13 July 2019 Glasgow, TRNSMT Festival
• Sun 14 July 2019 London, Citadel Festival
• Mon 12 Aug 2019 Budapest, Sziget Festival
The Balance was recorded by McCann (vocals, guitars), Johnny Bond (guitars), Robert ‘Bob’ Hall (drums) and Benji Blakeway (bass) over a 12-month period in the company of Irish producer, Jacknife Lee in two, secluded studios; Grouse Lodge, in Moate, Republic of Ireland, and The Chapel in the countryside of East Lincolnshire. The album was mixed by Craig Silvey.
Watch the video for ‘2all’ here:
For further announcements on new music, live dates and to sign up for mailing list updates connect with Catfish and the Bottlemen at: